“We stand in your shoes”
At Savant, we pride ourselves on always acting in the client’s best interest and putting foremost the pursuit of your financial goals.
We approach every client relationship as a fiduciary – someone who is managing the assets of another person and stands in a special relationship of trust, confidence, and/or legal responsibility. A fiduciary is required by law to always act in the best interests of their client, beneficiary, or retirement plan participant.
We take this responsibility seriously and have incorporated it both into our firm’s Mission Statement and as one of six values, guiding everything we do. So what does this mean to you, our clients, on a day-to-day basis?
Our Obligations as a Fiduciary
- Put interests of the client first.
- To act in utmost good faith.
- To provide full and fair disclosure.
- Not to mislead clients.
- To disclose all conflicts of interest in a full and fair manner.
Specifically, you should expect:
- Straightforward answers not biased by what course of action generates the most fees for Savant
- No commissions or kick-backs for recommending specific investments
- A transparent fee structure aligned with your success
- Use of low-cost, institutional-class investment funds
- Client assets always held at an independent, third-party custodian
- Advisors who are recognized (within 3 years) as Certified Financial Planners (CFP) – demonstrating a high level of competency, ethics and professionalism
- Independent certification as being in compliance with global fiduciary best practices by The Centre for Fiduciary Excellence
Many firms portray themselves as fiduciaries, but do not act in the best interests of their clients. This practice has been very common in the brokerage industry – where firms make significant profits from selling products and receiving commissions. Fiduciary practice is the foundation upon which Savant was founded, and we continue to lead the industry by always ensuring that we work for you.
Our Fiduciary Pledge to You
We pledge to you, our fiduciary client, a level of service that is based on integrity and fiduciary responsibility. As we continually renew our pledge of moral excellence, we promise to align our interests with yours.
We fully acknowledge and actively embrace our fiduciary responsibilities, employing prudent investment processes and providing full transparency of fees. The proprietary process we’ve developed offers peace of mind, multigenerational planning, prudent risk management, and the confidence to enjoy life—supported by the wealth you’ve created.
Furthermore, The Centre for Fiduciary Excellence (CEFEX) has recognized Savant as CEFEX-certified as an Investment Steward and CEFEX-certified as an Investment Advisor. These designations are confirmation that Savant's management system has been audited by an independent global assessment and certification organization to be in compliance with global best practices. Learn more >>