Wealth Transfer Gone Wrong: A Savant Women's Wealth Initiative Educational Event
February 21, 2019 6:00 PM
7128 Spring Creek Road
Rockford, IL, 61107
When the unexpected happens and there is no plan in place or your plan is outdated, things can go wrong with your wealth transfer process. This educational event will help you understand how to be prepared for the unexpected and make sure your plan is executed the way you want.
Topics to be Covered:
- If you don’t have a will, what happens to your wealth?
- Without an appointed guardian, what happens to your children?
- In the event of remarriage, how can you make sure your surviving spouse is provided for?
- Why is your choice of beneficiaries so important?
- What can you do to ensure your kids don’t become trust fund babies?
- Why is joint ownership of assets problematic?
- What are the benefits of having a living trust?
- How often should you review your wealth transfer plan?
- Allison A. Alexander, CFP®, CPA, CDFA®
- Nicholas J. De Jong, MAS, CPA, CFP®
- Theresa A. Harezlak, CFP®, CDFA®
- Sarah E. McGinniss, CFP®, CRPS®
- Held on Thursday, February 21, 2019
- 5:30pm: Check-in
- 6:00pm: Presentation
- Refreshments will be served
- Held at Franchesco’s Ristorante (Frank's Room) in Rockford, IL
- 7128 Spring Creek Road, Rockford, IL 61107
- To register, call Diane Peters at 866-489-0500
This is a Savant Women's Wealth Initiative Educational Event. The mission of Savant's Women's Wealth Initiative is to inspire, inform, and empower women to pursue their best financial futures through educational events, networking opportunities, and resources. We encourage everyone to come and learn how they can support the women in their lives and participate in this initiative.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP® and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and on going certification requirements.