Data Security and Identity Theft Resources
March 7, 2016
We’re Here to Help
Data security, cybercrime and identity theft are growing concerns for all of us. Team Savant is dedicated to helping ensure your information is safe and secure. If you ever have security-related concerns, please do not hesitate to call us. We will work closely with you to ensure a rapid and personal response to your concerns. If you are the victim of fraud or identity theft, please contact your Savant advisor or client service representative immediately.
Our Role in Protecting your Data
Savant understands that you have entrusted us with vital personal information. We want you to know that we take our responsibility to protect your information extremely seriously. Savant regularly reviews and evaluates both its privacy and security policies and adapts them as necessary to deal with the constantly changing data security landscape. We remain current with the regulatory requirements surrounding privacy laws and make changes as appropriate. We use the latest encryption services on our systems and regularly provide employee training and policy oversight.
Our Custodian Partners Role
We also work closely with our custodial partners to remain up to date and closely aligned with their policies, procedures and practices. We encourage you to visit their websites for additional information about the ways they also protect your information.
Your participation is an important component of all of our security efforts. We believe it is essential that we work in close cooperation with you as our client to maintain the highest levels of security. Below are some helpful websites to learn ways to help protect your information.
What to do if you are a victim of Identity Theft?
- Report the incident to the FTC at www.consumer.gov/idtheft, or the FTC Identity Theft hotline at 877.43838 or TTY 866.653.4261.
- File a police report with the local police.
- Contact the IRS and file a Form 14039, Identity Theft Affidavit (or
- Contact the fraud department of the credit reporting companies: Equifax (1-800-525-6285) Experian (1-888-397-3742) Transunion (1-800-680-7289)
- Close out any accounts that have been tampered with or opened fraudulently.
- Visit the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Statement of Rights for Identity Theft Victims to learn more about your rights as a victim of identity theft at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0233-statement-rights-identity-theft-victims
Please note: These links are being provided for your convenience and for informational purposes only. Savant Capital Management is not affiliated with any of these organizations, does not endorse any products or services provided by them and we do not guarantee the accuracy, effectiveness and/or completeness of their information.