Savant Capital Management Recognizes National 401(k) Day, Announces Financial Fitness Workshop
September 5, 2012
Rockford, IL (September 5, 2012)
- Savant Capital Management, a nationally recognized fee-only wealth management firm headquartered in Rockford, IL, is gearing up for a National 401(k) Awareness week, concluding with its first-ever Financial Fitness Workshop.
National 401(k) Day
Savant will promote National 401(k) Day from September 16 to 22. The purpose of National 401(k) Day is to raise employee awareness about the importance of saving for retirement and utilizing company 401(k) plans.
Throughout the week, Savant will encourage the public to:
- Participate in their company's 401(k) plan
- Be proactive with retirement savings - the earlier you start saving the better
- Increase contribution amount to their 401(k) plan when salary increases occur
- Learn about available investment options
"The increasing number of employees being offered 401(k) plans is encouraging, but unless utilized properly, people will still be left financially unprepared when they reach the retirement stage of life," said Brent Brodeski, CEO, Principal and Financial Advisor at Savant. "That is why we view this annual 401(k) plan awareness week as a crucial necessity for educating people on how to turn their retirement dreams into a reality."
Financial Fitness Workshop
Savant will conclude its weeklong National 401(k) Day promotion on Saturday, September 22, with a Financial Fitness Workshop. The workshop will commence with a keynote panel featuring Joe Castrogiovanni, owner of Giovanni's Restaurant in Rockford, and Paul Gaziano, a Federal Public Defender. Both will share stories of how they conquered their bucket lists and offer advice to those considering similar adventures.
The workshop will also feature nine breakout sessions including:
- Launch an Investment Strategy for a Lifetime of Success
- Social Security: What you Need to Know to Maximize a Retirement Income
- 13 Things That 90 Percent of People Don't Know About Insurance
- Retirement Planning Basics for Accumulators
- Sustainable Cash Flow in a Challenging Environment
- Stretch IRAs: Maximize Assets for Your Heirs, Minimize Taxes
- Planning for the Educational Needs of your Children and Grandchildren
- Baby Boomer's Guide to Turning 65
- Mythbusters for Investors
The Financial Fitness Workshop will be held from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at NIU Rockford on East State Street. Breakfast will be provided and there is no cost to attend. In addition, each attendee will be entered for a chance to win an iPad (must be present to win). Session descriptions, class times, and presenter information can be found on Savant's website at www.savantcapital.com