Irrevocable Trusts for Children and Ex-Spouses

Clients can use trusts to implement dissolution of marriage settlements, namely, spouses that divorce later in life may need a third party corporate trustee to pay assisted care and skilled nursing for their ex-spouse; and younger spouses who dissolve their marriage may also use trusts to provide funds for the anticipated post-secondary educational expenses of their children.